We want to read the Bible, but we sometimes feel stuck.
In this episode, Nate Pickowicz recounts his own struggle to read Scripture, and describes how we can eat the Bible and enjoy it.
- We’re always going to face resistance to reading the Bible. The enemy of our souls, our own fallen natures, a hostile world, and distraction all conspire against us.
- Despite the obstacles, you can learn to know your Bible and love it.
- Don’t just get through the Bible. Wrap your arms around it. Enjoy it.
- To read the Bible regularly, we must set it as a priority in our lives, just as much as if someone paid us a million dollars to read it.
- The way pastors preach determines how people study and learn the Bible.
- Don’t just power through life. Enjoy the simple graces God gives us along the way.
“The enemy of our souls wants us to stay out of the Bible, so that’s going to be a huge struggle for us.”
“You can get into your Bible and learn it and love it.”
“If you have 50 more years left in your life, why not get to know the Bible and really enjoy the process?”
“If it’s a priority for you, if you or if you’re desiring to make it a priority, then you’ll find ways.”
“What you do in the pulpit sets the tone for what people are going to do at home.”
“I think it’s very easy for us to power through and miss the small things. But I’m just trying to learn to be thankful for what God gives me in the normal moments of life.”
- Nathan on Twitter
- How to Eat Your Bible: A Simple Approach to Learning and Loving the Word of God by Nate Pickowicz
- Reviving New England: The Key to Revitalizing Post-Christian America by Nate Pickowicz
- Why We’re Protestant: An Introduction to the Five Solas of the Reformation by Nate Pickowicz
- The American Puritans by Nate Pickowicz
Download a PDF transcript of this episode.
Connect with Gospel for Life
If you enjoy this podcast, please be sure to leave a review.